Finance and Support Services Mission Statement
Mission: The Finance and Support Services Division is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service and a safe, inclusive challenging and satisfying work and academic environment while ensuring the efficient and effective use of financial, human, and physical resources in support of the University's mission. Revised by BSC, November 2019
Vision: Finance and Support Services (FSS) will provide excellent, timely, and innovative service and accurate information while being recognized as a preferred employer where all staff members are empowered and supported in reaching their full potential.
FSS employees will be highly professional, accountable, transparent, and collaborative and will be sought-after partners that are an integral part of finding solutions and enhancing safety for the Texas State community.
Revised by BSC, November 2019
Diversity Statement: The Finance and Support Services division of Texas State University is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where individual differences are understood, respected, and appreciated. The division is composed of a rich mix of individuals that is recognized as a source of strength that enhances the University community. Reviewed and Endorsed by BSC, 2017
Our Shared Values: In pursuing our mission, we, the faculty, staff, and students of Texas State University, are guided by a shared collection of values. Specifically, we value:
- An exceptional undergraduate experience as the heart of what we do
- Graduate education as a means of intellectual growth and professional development
- A diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective, and a sense of community as essential conditions for campus life
- The cultivation of character and the modeling of honesty, integrity, compassion, fairness, respect, and ethical behavior, both in the classroom and beyond
- Engaged teaching and learning based in dialogue, student involvement, and the free exchange of ideas
- Research, scholarship, and creative activity as fundamental sources of new knowledge and as expressions of the human spirit
- A commitment to public service as a resource for personal, educational, cultural, and economic development
- Thoughtful reflection, collaboration, planning, and evaluation as essential for meeting the changing needs of those we serve
Approved by The Texas State University System Board of Regents on August 24, 2012 and by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board on January 24, 2013.