Building Emergency Coordinator Program
What is the Building Emergency Coordinator Program?
This program will teach previously identified employees what to expect during a drill, exercise, and response to an incident, based on your specific work location.
The basis of the program is to know your co-workers, building/floor, and how to lead yourself and co-workers if you need to evacuate or shelter in place.
Here are some additional details that you should consider as a BEC:
- Know where all the exits are in your office space, building or floor
- Know where the fire panel and pull stations are located in your office space, building or floor
- Know where the fire extinguishers are located in your office space, building or floor and when to use them and when to evacuate
- Know where the stairwells and areas of refuge are located in you office space, building or floor
- Know where your "specific" rally points are located outside of your building
- Build a text group of your coworkers to account for everyone that may be evacuating
More information will be fourth coming. Please visit our training page for a list of suggested trainings.